Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Fishing in an Ocean

It's hard to explain why I wrote this one ... If you ask.. you'll get a *shrug*, a *smile* and a *wink*. Some of my friends may know what I mean...some of my work colleagues may also understand something out of this... but maybe none completely. See... I never literally swam in the ocean :)

Really, whoever says the Ocean is a safe place to be,
Must either be wanderer or a prisoner set free!

Deep at the abyss, are the colours and corals
But beneath the pressure, we justify the laurels...

At the surface, float the green algae and weeds
But do we stay afloat, for their parasitic needs?

The little fish stick together, family calling
Stubbornly en route, with inflexibility appalling !

The big fish are out to kill, with a tooth or tail
Quick to bite, quick to win the death of the frail.

A whale does survive, by his mere might and size,
Yet men hunt to spear through a Moby who tries.

The oysters and clams hide themselves bashfully,
Claiming of a pearly glow, that we seek so hopefully.

The Octopus and Squid swish their limbs around,
Slimy and dark, suckers on a prey that they found!

The sting ray or a jelly fish with an umbrella wide,
If sought shelter under, poisons pinch your inside!

Insignificant in comparison, to it's vastness I bond
I started out here finding my Nemo, my darling, my pride,
And whoever says there are other fish in the pond,
May take a cruise in this darkness or go take a ride!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

beautiful!!

~manan