Sunday, November 11, 2007

Wings OR Roots

No explanations given for what inspired these lines ... take this one as a self-assessment :)

Should I be a colourful butterfly,
Or should I bear a bright flower?
Offer the sweet nectar to gratify,
Or cheerfully hover, near and over...

Should be an industrious honey bee,
Or provide a frame for his hive?
Work hard to see my queen in glee,
Or squeeze amber to help her thrive...

Should I be the free-flying sparrow,
Or house her homely cozy nest?
Am I good picking grains and a willow,
Or is my yeilding a branch the best...

Should I choose to find a hollow trunk,
Or be the trunk as a clueless care-taker?
Be jabbed at for a big wooden chunk,
Or harp on wood, tediously as a pecker...

Should I be like nomadic wanderers,
Or stay steady in my given space?
Explore new lands and new waters,
Or layer as rings, with years to trace...

Choices that often leave me betrayed-
Are a platter of meat or a basket of fruits
Thinking like a child, I'm always afraid -
Should I have wings or grow roots?

4 comments:

DeeBaaBoo said...

Nice one Megha...

Sandeep said...

Too good :)

Anonymous said...

Wings have an advantage... you can use them either ways you choose. to keep an option open is better... Unlike roots that glue you to aplace..

Am jobless... and mean.. -Poo

Anonymous said...

Roots are necessary to bloom and then soar. It is now time to soar, fly high - sky is the limit! :)