Thursday, October 22, 2009

A jerky ride...

Not one of my best, I think. But this did happen. This is for S & S. I've completely lost touch with one of you. I hope all's well wherever you are and whatever you are doing :

I woke up this morning and got on with life,
So many things to do, in a short-lived day!
Battle on young soldier in self inflicted strife ...
So many victories await me, no time for play!

And I zoomed out into a sea of black smoke,
Waded for an hour, till my destination showed.
Not a sign of fortune, not a lucky stroke,
Made my day easier with the routine work code.

And I headed back in the reverse direction,
Tracing the paths I had tread hours back.
And cut through the engulfing dust and pollution,
Praying the rest of time would cut me some slack.

In just one short glimpse, of friends by the lane,
Good 'ol memories came by to visit a lone ranger.
Of the timeless talks, I engaged in, time and again,
With a friend, who years ago, was less like a stranger.

What times were they ! Every happy moment counted.
Little gifts and hand written messages were a treasure.
No pretentions, no aspirations were ever flaunted.
When smiles flowed freely, genuine, without any pressure.

And in a moment of rude shock I saw I had stopped,
A little too long at a signal, while others whizzed past.
Caught in a still frame, my confidence had dropped,
And weakly I hoped that moment would forever last.

I could feel nothing, no urge lasted, nothing to grope,
No prejudice, no aggression, no fear, no feeling to bind ...
And in that flash, my heart was filled with the hope,
For the oxymorons of our time, an empty thought and a vacant mind!

No comments: