Wednesday, December 06, 2006

ಆ ನೋಟ!

Just saw an exquisite Kathak performance by Nirupama n Rajendra! The song 'MadhurashTakam' written on Krishna goes as - adaram(lips) madhuram, vadanam(face) madhuram, nayanam(eyes)madhuram, akhilam(everything!) madhuram madhuradhipathey(of the lord of sweetness)...('Kr' dhaatu- of the word Krishna itself is attraction after all!)

Hm, I wrote this poetic-bit inspired by the song/dance :-))

ನೀ ಕಣ್ಣರಳಿಸಿ ನನ್ನತ್ತ ನೋಡಿದಾಗ...

ಚಿಟ್ಟೆಯೊಂದು ರೆಕ್ಕೆ ಬಿಚ್ಚಿದಂತಾಯ್ತು
ನನ್ನೆದೆಯಲ್ಲೇನೋ ಚಿತ್ತಾರ ಮೂಡಿಸಿದಂತಾಯ್ತು!

ನೂರು ಹಕ್ಕಿಗಳು ನನ್ನತ್ತ ಸಂಭ್ರಮದಿ ಹಾರಿಬಂದಂತಾಯ್ತು
ಹೊಸ ಸಂದೇಶವೇನೋ ಹೊತ್ತು ತಂದಂತಾಯ್ತು

ಸಾವಿರ ಅಲೆಗಳು ನುಗ್ಗಿ ನನ್ನೆದೆಗೆ ಅಪ್ಪಳಿಸಿದಂತಾಯ್ತು
ನನ್ನೆದೆಯಂಗಳದಲ್ಲೆಲ್ಲಾ ಮಳೆಯಾದಂತಾಯ್ತು!

ಅದೇಕೋ ನಿನ್ನೆದೆಯ ರಾಗಕ್ಕೆ
ನ್ನನ್ನೆದೆಯು ಅನುನಾದ ಹೊರಡಿಸಿದಂತಾಯ್ತು

ಮನದ ತುಮುಲ ಮೊಗದಿ ಮೂಡಿ ಮುಖ ರಂಗೇರಿತು,
ಕಣ್ಣು ನಾಚಿ ನೆಲ ನೋಡಿತು!

The translation (yathaavat ;-)) )-
When you looked at me, it felt like a butterfly(chiTTe) had spread its wings; it felt like someone had scribbled some art (chittara) on my heart; it felt like a hundred birds flew towards me carrying some news for me; it felt like a thousand waves (aley) splashed on my heart and wet my heart!I could see my heart resonating to the beats of your heart, my mind's turmoil showed up on my face, I blushed and my eye could not look up any more and it gazed down!

2 comments:

Megha said...

Nice !! My friend was also saying it was a brilliant performance.

SpoorthyMurali said...

yea very inspiring performances!