Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The name-less crusaders


Playing hard against the other, desirous of victory,
My brain and my heart once had a long bitter fight,
To kill with veinless nervous guile, and bask in glory
They made me the battlegorund, indifferent to my plight!

Pumping as hard as ever, she scornfully kept going,
While he sparked up every neuron, in his raging fury
Arteries all scared and worried at the heartbeat racing,
Nerves all shaken with the war getting bloody and gory...

The stomach ached, the limbs shivered and the eyes all red,
As the tiff went on affecting others, unfair and unwise,
The duo paid no heed to them, in vain, as they pleaded..
For warriors valiant and wild, show no sign of compromise !

Simmering flames on the sizzling platter of choices,
To live or let live, to win for all or all for one,
Kept them confused equally, but unyielding in the crisis,
And in a strife lost for nobody or no good and won for none!

Now thinking off my brain, now feeling with my heart,
For the years that the scrimmage lasted, I was at unrest,
Reminders of the brace together as a child when we start
To disdain till the end, don't leave me feeling at my best...

Amity descends and graces the flight of doves at the pinnacle...
Of the triumph of their egos, in a war well fought, fought steady,
And their spirits turn to ash and smoke in the mortal debacle,
As they rest in peace, bound by lasting ties of a soul and body!

- Megha

2 comments:

prem said...

Nice poem. Its's like you know sometimes, ur brain uses all its logical thinking and tells u that u shudn't be doing this, but ur heart really wants to...


I think with my brain,
And I feel with my heart,
All the thinking is such a strain,
And all the feeling is taking me apart.

:-) cheers !

Anonymous said...

Wow... Good poem... about everlasting debate between the heart & the mind...

Good to know that this happens to others as well... :-)