Friday, September 29, 2006

Idle busy-ness

One from 4 years ago.... And now sometimes I wish I had an exam... like a purpose ... once in a while

Sometimes I also feel maybe everyday is an exam... :)

There's a time when just staring at the ceiling,
Returns such happiness...cant tell how i'm feeling!
When memories of good old times keep coming back,
It fascinates me - how huge ... my memory stack!
Compelling thoughts of the near future and fun
Sets free my imagination and wildly it does run!
My heart skips a beat every time the phone rings
And most often than not, to someone else's tune it sings.
And the clock's ticking is so inconspicous,
When my emptiness is the object of such a fuss!
When voices from around come rattling through
And I snap back...hey, dont tell me what to do!
Up from sleep, my senses show so much resistance,
And eating seems to be the only reason for existence!
It's surprising, I read anything and everything I can find,
And how irrelevent things i need to read,seem to my mind!
Poetry becomes my food for thought and soul
And getting one together...then my ultimate goal!
These are the simple pleasures of doing nothing,
Make life so satisfied so happy... so fulfilling.
So much for happiness, that worries I now begin to garner,
Scare me now...this time, exams're just'round the corner!

1 comment:

prem said...

Seriously... i felt so aimless once engr was over.... throughout life i had some exam to prepare for..i had a purpose.
Now i dont...