Friday, September 29, 2006

I'm a woman...

The first of my Women's Day Poems... inspired and meant to antagonize my batchmate- PJM's " I am a Man and I am proud of it!" ... If anyone remembers that one :P ... he he

She was the woman dressed in white,
The traces of blue at the edges,
With missionaries of charity, holy and bright
She cleansed our land with her dredges!

When man thought of war, and went on to destroy
She was right behind listening, she heard their cry!
With wounds of soldiers lying in the camp
She worked indefatigabily, the lady with the lamp!

When the world had comfort and leisure to offer
She chose all hardship, chose to suffer,
Compassion not just to humans, dedication not just to sciences
She spent a life with our earlier forms, lived with them in their crisis!

She tells her different tales, she portrays a variety of roles
She plays each part,a work of art and reaches all her goals
Although, some of them are sweet, some of them are bitter
Seldom will you hear her grouse, rarely feel the jitter!

The embodiment of endurance and love,
She works down here, works for God above!
The dearness of life, the art of living,
The pursuit of happiness, the joy of giving,
She carries them all with such wonderful grace,
She's the child blessed with God's true embrace!

If only all the men in the world understood what effort is needed
And if only all her troubles were told, her grievances were heeded!
Of the mother they're part of, of the sister that they take support,
Of the wife who endures, of the daughter who cares,
Men could show their gratitude and truth in it's purport
That would help them define themselves- that'd be a man who dares!

This womens' day, I call out to her and I question her conviction
Tell her her life is a beautiful reality and do away with all the fiction
If she'd just know what she's really worth, and she's worth every bit,
She'd say it more often, she'd say this-" I'm a woman and I'm proud of it!"

4 comments:

prem said...

1. i dont remember who said that...refresh my memory
2. This poem is whole load of crap. If women were given a chance to play an important role in society as men had in the past 2000 yrs, there wud be no difference between men and women. I believe women are very much capable of being mean, stupid, destructive etc. The only reason there aren't many women like this is because they haven't been given a chance to do so.
3. "Seldom will you hear her grouse" ... puh-lease...
there is a gun'n'roses song which goes:
I used to love her, but I had to kill her.
I had to put her six feet under,
And I can still hear her complain.
LOL

prem said...

http://www.auschwitz.dk/Women/index.htm

Megha said...

1. PJM
2. Hmmm...
3. Problems?

And my two cents
When you think of the long and gloomy history of man, you will find more
hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than have ever
been committed in the name of rebellion. -C.P. Snow, scientist and writer

prem said...

Found this on the net:

He didn't like the curry
And he didn't like my cake.
He said my biscuits were too hard...
Not like his mother used to make.
I didn't prepare the coffee right
He didn't like the stew,
I didn't mend his socks
The way his mother used to do.
I pondered for an answer
I was looking for a clue.
Isn’t there anything I could do
To match his mothers shoe
Then I smiled as I saw light
One thing I could definitely do
I turned around and slapped him tight...
Like his mother used to !!!!!